- Our Work
- Our Stories
- Support Us
- About Us
Africare was born in Niger in 1970.
Since that time, Africare/Niger has implemented projects addressing…
• Agriculture & Food Security
• Civil Society Capacity Building
• Early Warning and Emergency Response
• Employment Creation and Vocational Training
• Ex-Combatant Reintegration
• Health Systems Strengthening
• Local Government Capacity Building
• Maternal and Child Health
• Women’s Empowerment
…investing more than $40,000,000 since 2000 and reaching more than 250,000 beneficiaries over the last eight years.
Success in Niger
Niger is the birthplace of Africare and is Africare’s longest running country program. Africare has worked in every region of Niger, in every sector of development, and has responded to every major crisis the country has faced since 1970, including the recent influx of Malian refugees.
Africare has maintained a continued presence in the region of Agadez since 1995, implementing an array development projects despite periods of civil insecurity.
Due to Africare’s extensive history and effective work in the country, there are multiple examples of former Africare staff and beneficiaries becoming leaders in local, regional and national governments, in civil society organizations and in the private sector.